Post-Pregnancy Workout Plan
Ready to get fit after the birth of your new baby? Craig Chapin is here to help you get back to your pre-pregnancy shape. Check out his 12-week post-pregnancy workout, training and nutrition plan to learn how you can get into the best shape of your life!
A new baby brings a ton of lifestyle changes and new responsibilities, but when you're ready to go after your health and fitness goals, Craig can help you get started! This 12-week program includes 3-4 training sessions each week, where we use circuit training and core exercises to help you get into amazing shape. Special nutritional planning is free when you purchase this Transformation Package along with tips on postnatal stretching.
Beginner: Kegels | Targets Pelvic Muscles
Sit down on a bench or chair with your feet shoulder-width apart.
Contract your pelvic muscles, and stand.
Hold Kegel and sit down on the bench, then release the muscles.
- Do 3 sets of 10-20 reps.
- Make it harder: Stand further away from the bench or seat. Lift your leg out in front of you a few inches off ground and bend your knee as you sit down. Keep your leg raised while you then try to stand up, releasing Kegel and pressing through right heel.
- Do 12 reps. Switch legs, repeat.
Intermediate: Hamstring Curl | Targets Butt
- Lie on the ground with your arms out to sides, knees bent and calves on top of a yoga ball.
- Lift your hips up while squeezing your abs tight and bending your knees to curl the ball towards you.
- Slowly push your legs back out, while keeping your hips lifted at all times.
- Do 2-3 sets of 12-20 reps.
Advanced: Walking Lunges | Targets: Legs and butt
- Stand with feet together, then take a large step forward, bending your knees at 90 degrees.
- Push through your heel of your front leg and return to the standing position.
- Repeat on opposite side. Do 1-3 sets of 10-20 reps.
- Make it harder: Hold some light weight dumbbells in each hand. Don't go over 5 -10 lbs.